Today on Fragmented, we talk to Eyal Lezmy. Eyal works as an Android developer for Genymotion. While working for Genymotion he had to deal with the Android Debug Bridge a whole bunch, so in this episode we dive into the details of ADB, some super slick commands and in general just get a better understanding of this tool we use every single day.
- ADB – Android Debug Bridge
- Droidcon NYC – ADB, Break On Through To the Other Side
- HTC Sooner (juicy non-developer article alert)
- pidcat (adb logcat tool)
- Phillipe’s ADB IDEA plugin
- Caster IO – Enabling Fingerprint on the Android emulator
# input some text from your keyboard adb shell input text "keyboard text" # download database file # see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18471780/android-adb-retrieve-database-using-run-as adb exec-out run-as package.name cat databases/file > file # run-as mentioned in episode adb shell "run-as package.name chmod 666 /data/data/package.name/databases/file"