In this episode, Donn talks about Item #17 from the Effective Java book: Design and Document for inheritance or else prohibit it. Learn how you should be documenting your code that is built for inheritance when you should not call overridable methods and much more.
In this episode, Donn is at Droidcon NYC 2017. He sits down to chat with Dan Kim about Kotlin, Gabriel Peal about React Native, Scott Alexander-Bown about Android Security, Jose Alcérreca about the Android Architecture Blueprints and Kevin Galligan about the history of Droidcon NYC and his new library – Doppl.
- 2:07 – Dan Kim (Kotlin)
- 10:07 – Gabriel Peal (React Native)
- 23:43 – Scott Alexander-Bown (Android Security)
- 33:32 – Jose Alcérreca (Android Architecture Blueprints)
- 43:09 – Kevin Galligan (Droidcon & Doppl)
- 082: Airbnb’s Gabriel tells us how to animate with Lottie – Fragmented
- 085: Casual Kotlin conversation with Dan Kim – Fragmented
- GitHub – googlesamples/android-architecture: A collection of samples to discuss and showcase different architectural tools and patterns for Android apps.
- doppl by touchlab — touchlab
- BuddyBuild – fragmentedpodcast.com/buddybuild
In this episode of Fragmented, Donn talks about a common problem almost all software engineers face in their career – Design Patternitis.
So, you’ve read the books on design patterns and now you’re applying them everywhere. Just because some code can be put into a pattern doesn’t mean you should. Or should you? How can you apply them when needed? Donn shares 5 tips with you that you can use to help combat Design Patternitis.
- Head First Design Patterns
- Design Patterns – GoF Book
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Archicture – Fowloer
- Code Review StackExchange
- Code Mentor
This episode is made possible by Kobiton – Fragmented.
They’re giving listeners a 15-day FREE trial with no credit card required! 🙌
Give them a try at Kobiton.com/fragmented and let them know we sent you.
In this mini-Fragment episode, Donn talks about Item #16 of the Effective Java series – Favor Composition over Inheritance. You’ll learn why using inheritance is not always a great idea and how you can use composition in place of it to make your code more anti-fragile, resilient and clean.
In this mini-Fragment episode, Donn talks about Working Effectively with Legacy Code. He doesn’t just talk about the book itself, but he talks about how to approach a legacy code base and start delivering value as soon as possible, yet with confidence. If you’ve recently started a new job, moved to a new team, started working on an existing code base, then this episode is bound to help you.