It is the world of the Internet of Things (IoT) and Google’s answer to that is the Android Things. In this episode, we talk to the amazing Rebecca Franks. She explains how Android things works and talks of some of the adventures and examples she’s embarked on with Android Things. If you’ve had that hobby Raspberry Pi or Arduino board lying around and not sure how to put it to use, this episode’s for you.
- Ep 42 – Google IO episode
- Rebecca’s blog posts:
- Android Things Developer Kits
- Arduino Starter Kit (includes the h/w book she recommends)
- Android Things – official github repo
- Android things Contrib drivers – (e.g. button gradle dependency)