In this mini-Fragment episode, Donn talks about Item #16 of the Effective Java series – Favor Composition over Inheritance. You’ll learn why using inheritance is not always a great idea and how you can use composition in place of it to make your code more anti-fragile, resilient and clean.
In this episode Kaushik talks to Kristin of the Big Nerd Ranch. You would think that the Android lifecycle is pretty standard and basic stuff, but as Kristin begins to unpack the nuances of the Android lifecycle, we learn there’s a world of details that’s easy to miss. Listen on, to get an ironclad grip on the Activity lifecycle.
- Android programming : The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
- Activities in the Wild: Kristin at 360AnDev
- Kristin’s Lifecycle diagram
- Notes on opportune moments to do “stuff” in the Android lifecycle
- Kristin’s follow up blog post to the Activity