In this episode, we talk to Dan Kim about Kotlin. Dan is an Android developer at the company Basecamp and has some great Kotlin posts on the company’s famous blog Signal Vs Noise. He was pretty early, on the Kotlin train and has been working with the new language for quite sometime now.
Instead of trying to go into every single detail about Kotlin, the nuances of the language, it’s syntax etc. we take a more general approach and talk about starting out on Kotlin, how does on go about migrating an Android codebase to Kotlin, what are things we should watch out for when using the language. This and a whole lot more!
- Basecamp blog – Signal vs. Noise
- Jake Wharton – Using project Kotlin for Android
- Fragmented – Ep 20 with Hadi (spl. mention shownotes)
- Dan Lew – Mutable vals in Kotlin
- Kotlin idioms
- Kotlin – coding conventions
- kapt – Annotation processing for Kotlin
- Kotlin website
- Kotlin website (source)
Kotlin view (binding) libs
- Jake’s youtube video
- Dan’s blog posts:
- Android development with Kotlin – Jake Wharton (video)
- Introduction to Kotlin – Google I/O 17 (video)