The age old question: should I be using an event bus today? What is an event bus? what are still some good use cases for an event bus? Can i replace an event bus with RxJava?
Donn and Kaushik have at it and try to answer this question that gets asked constantly in the AndroidDev circles. Listen on for our take.
What’s an event bus
- Donn’s blog post on event aggregators (event buses) [donnfelker.com]
- KG’s blog post on implementing an event bus with Rx [blog.kaush.co]
- Otto – Square’s Event Bus library [github.com]
- EventBus – greenrobot [github.com]
- Handling GCM messages in the foreground and background by Mark Hudnall [markhudnall.comm]
- KISS [wikipedia.org]
- Ep 53: Jake on RxJava 2 [fragmentedpodcast.com]
- RxRelays [github.com/JakeWharton]
- Diff change set for converting RxBus to an RxRelay [github.com/kaushikgopal]
- Caster.io EventBus course – Annyce Davis [caster.io]
- @fragmentedcast [twitter.com]
- @donnfelker and +DonnFelker
- @kaushikgopal and +KaushikGopalIsMe