In this episode of Fragmented, Donn and I decompress. I had the pleasure of attending KotlinConf 2017 – Jetbrain’s very first conference dealing completely just on Kotlin. I have a quick chat after Day 1 with Donn, giving him the juicy updates.
We talk about how the conference was organized, some of the technical talks I attended (our thoughts on these…) and some of the folks I had the opportunity to meet.
Overall it was an amazing time at KotlinConf and if you want to vicariously enjoy it, listen on to the show.
Talks at KotlinConf
- Amanda Hill – View state machine for network calls on Android (slides)
- Roman Elizarov – Introduction to Coroutines (slides from another conference)
- Jorge Costillo: Architectures Using Functional Programming Concepts (slides)
- Antonio Levia’s post – A first walk into Kotlin coroutines on Android
- Book – Kotlin for Android developers
Other interesting stuff
- Kotlin Style Guide – courtesy Jake Wharton
- Google Java Style Guide
- now for google-kotlin-format
- github isse (+1 this :D)
- @JvmOverloads overloads generation