We’ve always been curious about technology and the software surrounding embedded devices and the like. One such technology that’s ubiquitous these days is Bluetooth (LE). In this show we talk with embedded technology expert and all round super smart AndroidDev Dave Smith a.k.a the wonderful devunwired.
We try to get a high level understanding of how Bluetooth works. From a developer’s perspective, how does this tech work? Why should we as AndroidDevs be interested in this technology. What boundaries can we push? How can we effectively use this technology? In this episode we pick Dave’s brain and try to answer some of these questions.
Dave’s talks on Bluetooth
- Android Lollipop: Bluetooth LE Matures [youtube.com]
- Developing Bluetooth Smart Applications for Android Tutorial [youtube.com]
- Dave’s talk: Google Beacons – AnDevCon [youtube.com]
- Bluetooth Classic [developer.android.com]
- Bluetooth LE [developer.android.com]
- Apple docs – Bluetooth for Developers [developer.apple.com]
- Bluetooth specification [bluetooth.org]
- check Advertisements: Volume 3, Part C, Section 11
- check GATT: Volume 3, Part G