RxJava is considered a functional reactive programming library. But the paradigms of functional programming have existed for a very long time. In this episode we talk to Android GDE Anup Cowkur, about his experience experimenting with “pure” functional languages. He breaks down some of the basic concepts, explaining the different terms along the way.
- Gordon Moore & Moore’s law
- Rich Hickey on Clojure’s Features and Implementation
- PCollections – persistent Java collections library
- Anup’s multi part series on functional programming
- The Context podcast – Functional programming with Paco Estevez
- Here Be Dragons IntelliJ Plugin