We talk with Android UI magician Israel. In this episode, Israel does what magicians are never supposed to do, reveal those exciting magic tricks. He talks about tricks you can use in your Android apps to create a super slick UI, citing examples from Google Photos, Twitter and other apps.
Dazzle your Android users with these UI tricks.
- Israel’s last appearance on Fragmented (Ep 26) [fragmentedpodcast.com]
Smoke and Mirros
- Israel’s sample app [github.com]
- Slides (with animation demos) [photos.google.com]
- Google Photos Recycler View pinch to expand/shrink [photos.google.com]
- ClipChildren demo [photos.google.com]
- Utils method – traverse hierarchy and clip [photos.google.com]
- Tap image to show full screen [photos.google.com]