In this episode, we talk to Patrick Nikoletich from Microsofts App Center team. We explore the intricacies of the Continuous Integration server system on the App Center platform. From what App Center is, all the way down into the weeds to how to get your app building on App Center in a few short steps. We also get into the nitty-gritty details around how you can customize your build with build hooks, install utilities and binaries, work with a command line interface, shell scripts, the App Center API much much more. This episode shows a new side of Microsoft that we have not seen in a long time and it’s a breath of fresh air.
- VSTS: https://www.visualstudio.com/team-services/
- Microsoft on GitHub: https://github.com/Microsoft
- The App Center CLI: https://github.com/Microsoft/appcenter-cli
- Azure function that automatically creates branch configurations for PR’s and communicates status back to Github.: https://github.com/pniko/function-appcenter-build-
- App Center API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/appcenter/api-docs/ & https://openapi.appcenter.ms/
- Detox fo React Native Native: https://github.com/wix/detox
- Azure Server Functions: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/functions/
- Mapbox – Android developers don’t have to settle for a default same-map-no-matter-what option in their Android app. Mapbox offers complete map design control, allowing you to create beautiful custom maps to meet the needs of your Android users.