In this episode, we talk to Alex Lockwood who created shapeshifter.design, while at Google. Shape Shifter is an amazing tool that can help developers create Animated Vector Drawables without losing all their hair. Think of shapeshifter as a developer-friendly, open source, After Effects alternative for Android developers.
Alex talks to us about how and why he created Shape Shifter, the different tools that have evolved out of its creation and just getting a good grasp of its working.
Abt Alex Lockwood
- Alex’s blog – androiddesignpatterns.com
- How to Leak a Context: Handlers & Inner Classes
- Handling configuration changes with Fragments
Shape Shifting & Icon animations
- Alex Lockwood Droidcon SF 2017 Talk – In-depth parth morphing w/Shape Shifter
- Building play to pause animation with ShapeShifter [slides]
- Animal morph animation
- Nick Butcher talk – Learn some new moves
- Needleman-Wunsch algorithm
- github issue: AVDO -> 🥑
Thanks to Buddybuild for sponsoring this episode of Fragmented! Ship apps faster with BuddyBuild 🚀 Give them a try for free at fragmentedpodcast.com/buddybuild.
- @alexjlockwood [twitter.com]
- @fragmentedcast [twitter.com]
- @donnfelker and +DonnFelker
- @kaushikgopal and +KaushikGopalIsMe