In this episode, Donn and Kaushik talk to Android GDE Vinay Gaba about learning Jetpack Compose.
They talk about how to learn how to use Jetpack Compose by example (and Vinay’s excellent talk by the same name). How to use Jetpackcompose.app to help you find the right Jetpack Compose component and how to use ShowKase to organize discover and visualize your Jetpack Compose Elements.
We then dive into why someone might want to learn Jetpack Compose and how to start learning it. They touch briefly on the parts of Compose, such as the compiler, runtime, UI, foundation, and more. They wrap up by talking about Unidirectional State flow and by answering the hot question … “Is Jetpack Compose ready for production?”
If you’re looking to learn more about Jetpack Compose, this is an episode for you.
- Vinay’s Twitter
- Vinays Learning Jetpack Compose by Example Video
- JetpackCompose.app (find the Jetpack Compose component you’re looking for by typing in the XML equivalent)
- ShowKase – A library to organize, discover and visualize your Jetpack Compose Elements
- Jetpack Compose Official Docs
- Compose Runtime
- Inside Jetpack Compose Diagram
- Other Jetpack Compose Episodes
Donn’s Git Course
Need to learn Git? Donn has the course for you. In this FREE course you’ll learn everything you need to know in order to start working with Git everyday. Watch it here.
- Job postings are FREE on AndroidJobs.IO during the early release phase (at the time of this recording).
- Sign up to get notified of new jobs on a weekly basis as well.
@fragmentedcast or our Youtube channel
@donnfelker and donnfelker (on Instagram)
Freelancing for Mobile Developers (Donn’s YouTube)
kaushikgopal (on YouTube) or jkl.gg/b or @kaushikgopal
Disclaimer: Many of the links we share to products are affiliate links. They help support the production of Fragmented. Thank you for your support.