In this episode, we talk about GraphQL. Friend and GDE Mike Nakhimovich helped create the library Apollo for Android, which is the defacto official GraphQL client for Android.
In this first part of two, we take a step back and first try to understand what GraphQL is, why one would use it, how Mike set out to create and contribute Apollo for Android and his journey and satisfaction with open sourcing it when he worked at the New York Times.
If you’ve ever been interested in GraphQL, this is a good show to get you up to speed.
Sample GraphQL servers
- React, Relay and GraphQL: Under the hood of the Times website redesign
- The New York Times – Now on Apollo
- Microsoft AppCenter – Sign up now on appcenter.ms and spend less time managing your app lifecycle and more time coding.
- @fragmentedcast [twitter.com]
- @donnfelker and 📷 donnfelker
- @kaushikgopal and 📷 kaushikgopal