In this mini Fragment, KG talks about his journey learning Kotlin as a newb. Given that Kotlin is most likely going to be the de-facto language for most developers, it makes sense to deepen our understanding of the language (as we have strived with Java over the years).
“Properties” in Kotlin are a first class language feature. But what does that actually mean? What are the nifty features we get with properties? How are these resolved from a Java class when there’s potential a name clash? What are some other gotchas and learnings from using properties? Listen on to find out:
- Kotlin docs – Properties and Fields
- Kotlin in Action – Manning Publications
- Mutable vals in Kotlin – Dan Lew
- @fragmentedcast [twitter.com]
- @donnfelker and +DonnFelker
- @kaushikgopal and +KaushikGopalIsMe