In this mini fragment, Donn and Kaushik share some thoughts on real world testing with Android development – a favorite topic of theirs.
Kaushik recently ran into a case where an espresso test fails because the UI stops performing. It’s an interesting discussion on figuring out what matters when you write your tests. They dive into strategies and techniques around testing. What makes a good test, what should you be testing?
They then talk about why Hermetic testing is pretty hard on mobile and ideas around a simple solution that could be provided out of the box. They then round it up talking about TDD and it’s role in today’s world.
Hope you enjoy this one!
- Espresso Testing lists (onData)
- Espress test swipe action
- What is the fold
- Hermetic Servers testing
- American Express Jobs – American Express is hiring Android developers!
- @fragmentedcast or our Youtube channel
- @donnfelker and donnfelker (on Instagram)
- @kaushikgopal and kaushikgopal (on Instagram)