In this episode, Donn and Kaushik talk about the state of android architectures and how they’ve stared to evolve. Kaushik recently worked on a project of coming up with an evolved version of an MVVM architecture, very similar to what the Android community now calls MVI.
Special request: if you have follow up questions or clarifications or things you’d like to see specifically with respect to this dicussion, hit us up on the Discord #fragmented-podcast channel with your thoughts and we’ll make sure to address them in future parts!
- MBLT-Dev talk by KG : Unidirectional state flow patterns – a refactoring story
- github sample repo with this pattern
Salient features of the pattern:
I. Screens are driven by a single ViewModel
II. Screens listen to a single Observable
III. Events are sent into the VM through a single function processInputs
IV. Break(ing) the Chain VI. Testing strategy
- Discord chat or @fragmentedcast or our Youtube channel
- @donnfelker and donnfelker (on Instagram)
- @kaushikgopal and kaushikgopal (on Instagram)