In this episode, Donn talks with Xamarin cofounder on how one can use Xamarin for Android development.
They start off chatting about using Xamarin just for business logic sharing. This Joseph tells us was the original intention for use. They also touch on Xamarin forms which allows you to additionally build UI elements cross platform.
Even if you don’t use Xamarin or plan to use Xamarin right away, this was a fantastic insight into the platform, from the creators directly. They touch on advantages, how to really leverage the platform and potential downsides.
This is our last episode for 2016 and we’re glad we get to end on an high note. See you in 2017!
- Developer guides (Joseph mentioned they’re particularly proud of this one)
- Xamarin University
- Download Visual Studio
- Xamarin Forms
Apps using Xamarin for Code sharing
- @josephhill and [email protected]
- @fragmentedcast [twitter.com]
- @donnfelker and +DonnFelker
- @kaushikgopal and +KaushikGopalIsMe