At I/O ’16 Google announced the super cool new feature Instant Apps. At IO’17 we started to see real world examples and third parties pull off this feature. In this episode, we talk to GDE Zarah Dominguez who’s company “Domain” was one of the partners for this program.
What is the Instant Apps feature? What are some usecases where this comes in handy? How does it actually work internally? What does it take for a developer to implement this feature in their own app? Listen on to find out!
- Instant apps – official page
- Domain (Zarah’s company)
- Making the Domain Android app “Instant”
- Android Instant Apps, step-by-step: how Vimeo went about it
- IO’17 Fireside chat with 3rd party partner who implemented Instant Apps
- Google samples repository