In this episode, you’ll learn all about Kotlin Sealed classes. Donn walks you through what they are, how to create them, how to use data classes, objects and regular classes to create a restricted type hierarchy.
In this episode, Donn talks to Matt Runo about the Flank project. Using Flank you can run your Espresso test suite in parallel on Firebase Test Lab (FTL). This allows you to lower your feedback loop time and increase developer productivity and throughput. You’ll learn all about Flank, how it works and how to get started in this episode.
- Digital trends: Comparing Pixel 2, 3 and 3A
- Google Activity tracking
- Google Activity tracking Controls
- Flutter for Web
- New navigation paradigm in Android Q
- What’s new in Android Deveopment Tools – Torr’s IO talk
- Discord chat or @fragmentedcast or our Youtube channel
- @donnfelker and donnfelker (on Instagram)
- @kaushikgopal and kaushikgopal (on Instagram)
In this show, Donn talks with Dan Jarvis about Machine Learning on Android with ML Kit and Tensor flow.
They dive deep into what ML (Machine Learning) is, what you need to know as a developer and how to apply those things to build ML applications on Android.
They tal about what you can do on Android in regards to ML, model training and running the models on the device. You may be wondering if you should include the model in your app or if it should live on a server, that’s discused as well and the reasons for it.
They wrap up the show with some examples of what you could build and some great resources to get you started.
- What Can Machine Learning Do?
- ML Kit
- ML Kit Demo Video
- ML Kit Quickstart
- Image Labeling Example
- Custom Models
- How Does Prisma Work?
- Cucumber Example
- Tensorflow Demo Apps
- Inside AI Newsletter
- TensorFlow Lite
- TensorFlow Lite (TF Dev Summit ’19) – [VIDEO]
- Custom On-Device ML Models with Learn2Compress
- Microcontoller Support
- Face Generation
- DroidCon NYC Applied Tensorflow iN Android Apps
- Contact Dan Jarvis on LinkedIn, Medium or GitHub
- Donn Felker – @donnfelker (Twitter) and donnfelker (Instagram)
- Kaushik Gopal – @kaushikgopal (Twitter) and kaushikgopal (Instagram)
- Fragmented on Twitter: @fragmentedcast
- Our YouTube channel
- Join thousands of other developers on our free chat server. Ask questions, answer questions, be part of the community at our The Fragmented Discord chat
With the release of Android Q we now have the settings panel and all its glory. This panel, while most likely overlooked as a minor feature, is actually a diamond in the rough.
Simply because it’s going to lower the abandonment rate of your app and increase the engagement of your app at the same time. Donn talks about this in depth in this episode.